28 Jun 2011

The Symposium in the course




So, we had done the symposium. I felt nervous, but I finished finally. It was a nice experience.

The main topic of this symposium is ‘I buy to belong’. We should talking something about this and make it relate to our projects. My topic is ‘From Curiosity to Addiction – why to buy, belong to what. I started with a case study – smoking, which was about my project. Then I talked about my thinking about curiosity and addiction in normal buying. I feel curious to want to own goods, then I belong to a member of group to support some designers. It seems that this idea is abstract, but it exists in the society. We don’t realize this sometimes. Maybe it can be understood as someone is a member of LV. He/She has a partiality for products of LV. This situation sometimes can be said as a ‘addiction’. Because the concept is abstract and time is limited, so maybe my presentation is not so successful. However, I enjoy sharing this with others.

My classmates also shared their ideas about ‘I buy to belong’. They also combined this with their projects. For me, I gained a lot of new ideas about ‘I buy to belong’. Actually, I think if we could make our topics combine together, it would be better. Anyway, this symposium is successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment