11 Jul 2011

Burning Marks

In the end of unit one, I made a work about cigarette mark after doing some experiments. I put some burning cigarettes on butts in some photos. Then I got pictures about burning marks. It is interesting. However, I found that the marks looked better on the opposite side.



I really want to make some works about these marks. After tutorial with David, I tried to find works of Rogen Ackling who made works about burning marks of sunlight. Here are some images of his works 'Voewood'.







He made use of sunlight to make these works. The surfaces of these objects were burned by sunlight. I think they are beautiful. I am doing some works about burning, but burned by cigarettes. Maybe I can burn cigarettes on surfaces of  some beautiful things, which means smoking can destroy some perfect things like health. What kind of these beautiful things? Book? Computer? I need to think about this and do some experiments.

Reference: http://www.inglebygallery.com/index.php


No comments:

Post a Comment