24 May 2011

My Book Project!

In the spring term, we had bookbinding workshop and some classes about books. They were all interesting. On 7th March, we had Design for Print with David. On 8th March, we had Design for Print with Marit Münzberg. After these sessions, I knew a lot about printing in paper and ways to make a book. On 5th April, we had Book Design Page Layout with Sigune and we drew some grids in one A4 paper. There are different sizes of layouts we can design on one A4 paper. I learned something I did not know before in this session.



Now I have to make a book. I used what I learned from these classes to make my book. However, saying is easier than doing. When I set up every pages of my book and went to print them out, I met a lot of problems. I wanted to use ink jet printers to print them, but there is a little extra ink in papers. Then I tried different kinds of paper to print, but the results were the same. I had to print them with laser printers. So I went out to print them and also tried to print in different papers. Finally, I printed them out and the result was not bad.

Sometimes, what you think can not be true. You should make it out to see the result. Maybe the result is not the same as what you think. Printing is important to designers. I should learn more about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I visit your blogs and read your content. Your content and blogs are very nice. NYC printing services are very affordable service. I am very impressed this services.

    ReplyDelete